Stanford Learning Lab Overview
- Establish a hub for the intersection of learning and wellness to prepare Stanford scholars to thrive now and far into the future
- Build communities among Stanford students and staff to integrate our collective knowledge and resources and to foster belonging
- Provide 1:1 Learning Specialist support to students with and without diagnosed learning differences/disabilities
- Assemble a virtual library of learning strategies and tools, making it easy for all learners to explore and adopt personalized, effective practices
- Identify and address skill gaps among frosh and transfer sophomores so that students new to Stanford can fortify their toolkits and access the hidden curriculum
- Advise Stanford faculty on Universal Design for Learning principles and applications that support all learners
Meet Stanford Learning Lab's staff and find out how to connect with them.
Our Partners & Additional Resources
Explore a list of partners and resources curated by Stanford Learning Lab staff.
What is Learner Variability?
On an individual scale, we start from the cognitive and social science premise that a multitude of factors influence learning. On a larger scale, learner variability refers to the ways in which the diversity of approaches to learning can create major hurdles and deliver tremendous benefits.
Learning Disability or Learning Difference? At the Stanford Learning Lab, we use each student’s preferred terms, embracing the stance that Elizabeth Ross takes.